Dosing & Adverse Reaction Management
Oral administration offers the convenience of taking their treatment at home or away 2
- COPIKTRA is an oral monotherapy taken in 28-day cycles until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity
- The capsules should be swallowed whole. Advise patients not to open, break, or chew the capsules
- Advise patients that if a dose is missed by fewer than 6 hours, to take the missed dose right away and take the next dose as usual
- If a dose is missed by more than 6 hours, advise patients to wait and take the next dose at the usual time
- Provide prophylaxis for Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia (PJP) during treatment with COPIKTRA
- Following completion of COPIKTRA treatment, continue PJP prophylaxis until the absolute CD4+ T-cell count is greater than 200 cells/μL
- Withhold COPIKTRA in patients with suspected PJP of any grade, and permanently discontinue if PJP is confirmed
- Consider prophylactic antivirals during COPIKTRA treatment to prevent cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection, including CMV reactivation
- Reduce the dose of COPIKTRA to 15 mg BID when coadministered with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole)
- For select adverse reaction management, reduce COPIKTRA to 15 mg twice daily. Discontinue COPIKTRA if patient is unable to tolerate 15 mg twice daily. Please see the adverse reaction management tables for specific dose modification information
To view a detailed management plan, select the adverse reaction and its severity below.
Please see full Prescribing Information, including Boxed Warning.